A Rangers B team featuring a goal-scoring comeback from Tom Lawrence overcome what was essentially a Hamilton Accies B Team on Wednesday.

The visitors had the first chance in the fourth minute, Dario Zanatta broke into the right side of Rangers box before passing inside to Connor Murray with Kieran Wright parrying the midfielder’s shot. Ten minutes later Tom Lawrence won possession on the right and passed inside to Arron Lyall who shot over.

Just beyond the quarter hour mark Dario Zanatta on the the right hand angle at the box tried his luck but shot straight at Kieran Wright. The visitors took the lead just beyond the midpoint of the half, Dario Zanatta broke into the right side of the box where he cut the ball back for Connor Murray to shoot past Kieran Wright.

Rangers response came when a ball from the right was cleared as far as Josh McPake on the edge of the box with Reece Murray saving low to his left. On the half hour Rangers were struggling to clear an attack and the ball fell for Owen Moffat on the edge of the box with Kieran Wright getting down to his left to save.

A couple of minutes later Tom Lawrence passed to Ross McCausland inside the box, he sidestepped a defender then saw his shot deflected and Reece Murray get a touch to divert the ball on to his right hand post. The ball ran to Josh McPake on the left hand angle of the box where he cut inside to shoot just wide of the far post.

Rangers drew level eight minutes before the break, Reece Murray came to punch Bailey Rice’s corner from the left under pressure from Leon King and the ball fell to Cole McKinnon who volleyed into the net. On the stroke of half time Robbie Fraser’s low cross from the left was missed by Reece Murray and Ross McCausland looked sure to score but shot back across goal into the keeper’s arms.

Half-Time: Rangers 1 - 1 Hamilton

Check out Elfideldo's Rangers Youth Site

For 12 years, Elfideldo's Youth blog has been the primary source on Rangers youth football from the academy to the B team

Visit Elfideldo's page now

Accies restored their lead four minutes after the break, a short corner on the left was played to Owen Moffat on the left hand angle of the box where he shot past Kieran Wright. Rangers were level five minutes later, a free-kick on the left hand angle of the box was played short to Tom Lawrence who went passed a defender into the box and curled a shot across the keeper and inside the far post.

Rangers took the lead with just over twenty minutes remaining, a good move ended with Robbie Fraser’s cross from the left picking out Ross McCausland who converted at the back post. Two minutes later and another Robbie Fraser left wing cross was the source of Rangers fourth goal, Cole McKinnon getting there before keeper and defender to glance his header into the net.

With the final quarter hour approaching Cole McKinnon’s shot from the edge of the box came back off the crossbar.That was quickly followed with a Ross McCausland chance inside the right side of the box which Reece Murray saved. The final effort came when Josh McPake cut in from the left and forced a save from Reece Murray low to his right.

Full-Time: Rangers 4 - 2 Hamilton

Rangers: Kieran Wright; Adam Devine, Leon King, Johnly Yfeko, Robbie Fraser; Bailey Rice; Cole McKinnon, Aaron Lyall; Ross McCausland, Josh McPake, Tom Lawrence (Paul Nsio 58 Mins)
Not Used: Mason Munn (Gk), Zander Hutton, Connor Allan, Leyton Grant, Mackenzie Strachan, Archie Stevens.

Discuss this article

Enjoyed this analysis? Disagree entirely? Found a spelling mistake? Whatever your opinion, it's welcome on our popular and friendly message-board.

Visit Gersnet Forum