Rangers took the lead in the fifth minute, Thompson Ishaka was challenged inside the box and the ball broke to Charlie Lindsay who shot past Ross Connelly. On the quarter hour mark a training ground corner routine almost produced a second, from a corner on the right Robbie Fraser passed to Arron Lyall inside the penalty area but he shot wide of the near post.

Rangers were reduced to ten men on twenty-seven minutes when Thompson Ishaka was shown a straight red card for an alleged head butt on Connor Greene. The home side came close when a corner came in from the left and Kyle Ewing headed narrowly over. Eight minutes before the break the sides were level, Shaun Brown swung in a corner from the right and Kyle Ewing headed past Jacob Paxikas.

Five minutes later the home side took the lead, when the ball was played into the box from the right Lewis MacKinnon blocked the initial shot but the ball fell for Jack Hodge to net from around the penalty spot. Rangers had a chance to level before the break when Arron level crossed from the left hand byline with Robbie Ure slicing wide of the far post from close range.

Half-Time: East Stirling 2 - 1 Rangers

Check out Elfideldo's Rangers Youth Site

For 12 years, Elfideldo's Youth blog has been the primary source on Rangers youth football from the academy to the B team

Visit Elfideldo's page now

Rangers grabbed an equaliser just beyond the hour mark from the penalty spot, Jack Harkness broke into the box and went down under a challenge with the referee pointing to the spot for what looked like a rather soft award. Arron Lyall did the needful from twelve yards. Rangers threatened when the ball was worked to Jack Harkness on the right and low cross into the six yard box was cleared over his own bar by Kyle Ewing./p

With the final quarter hour approaching Robbie Ure was free inside the left side of the penalty area but was denied by Ross Connelly’s outstretched foot. Rangers took the lead with nine minutes remaining from their second penalty of the match, Connor Allan chased a through ball and got there before Ross Connelly, he was clattered by the keeper as he poked the ball goalwards, James Graham knocked the ball into the net but was flagged offside. The referee had already blown for the keepers challenge so up stepped Aaron Lyall to score his second spot kick.

With four minutes remaining Shaun Brown crossed from the left and Niyah Joseph’s header forced Jacob Pazikas to turn the ball over. With the game in injury time the ball was punted into Rangers box where Jacob Pazikas punched clear but only as far as Griffen Sabatini who shot from the edge of the box with the Rangers keeper beating the shot away.

In the last action of the game Robbie Ure broke through the inside left channel where he was taken down by Connor Greene who received a second yellow and subsequent red card.

Full-Time: East Stirling 2 - 3 Rangers

East Stirling: Ross Connelly; Tony Coutts, Kyle Ewing, Connor Greene, Shaun Brown; Arron McAlpine (Griffen Sabatini 51 Mins), Scott Honeyman, Gregor Fotheringham, Tylar Denholm (Jamie Kirkpatrick 72 Mins); Jack Hodge (Bright Prince 87 Mins); Niyah Joseph.
Not used: Harvey Moyes, Ruaridh McDonald.

Rangers: Jacob Pazikas: Jack Harkness, Lewis MacKinnon, Connor Allan, Robbie Fraser; Mackenzie Strachan (Kelsey Ewan HT); Charlie Lindsay, Aaron Lyall; Thompson Ishaka; James Graham, Robbie Ure.
Not Used: Not Used:- Lewis Budinauckas (Gk), Kevin Ciubotaru, Kieron Willox, Jack Roberts

Discuss this article

Enjoyed this analysis? Disagree entirely? Found a spelling mistake? Whatever your opinion, it's welcome on our popular and friendly message-board.

Visit Gersnet Forum